- Tensions spiked in Damascus as heavy clashes broke out between pro and anti-regime militiamen.
- The Syrian army declared ”state of general alert”, more Russian citizens evacuated.
- Rebels bombed a checkpoint in Idlib city and made new gains in Deir Azzour.
- Kafrnbouda, Hama: Civilians take refuge in caves and graves fleeing the regime’s indiscriminate shelling
- Sinaa, Deir Azzour: Rebel fighters storm the technical institute, P2
- Heish, Idlib: Regime warplane drops ordnances on the village causing massive explosions
- Total Death Toll: 150
- Opposition Death Toll: 75 including 6 women, 3 children and 20 rebel fighters (Damascus and Suburbs: 23, Aleppo: 17, Homs: 13, Daraa: 12, Hama: 7, Qunaitra: 1, Hasaka: 1, Latakia: 1)
- Regime Soldiers & Militiamen Death Toll: +75
- Number of areas shelled: +276
- Number of People Wounded: +60
- Number of People Detained: +25
- FSA Key Operations:
- Stormed a school and hospital in Deir Azzour city.
- Bombed a military checkpoint in Idlib city.
- Stormed several checkpoints in the suburbs of Daraa and Aleppo.
- Seized control of the Hasaka suburb of Tal Barrak.
Summary of Events
Fighting raged in the north of Damascus between rebel fighters and pro-regime militia, as regime declared the state of general alert and Russia evacuated more of its citizens.
Regime militiamen, known as Popular Committees, coming from the mainly Alawite neighborhood of Ush al-Warwar, northeast of Damascus and backed by regime forces, launched a ground assault on the nearby neighborhood of Barzeh where they faced fierce resistance by the rebels who managed to pushed them back. This came as both sides exchanged mortar fire from within their neighborhoods, causing several casualties from both